DiveWise is funded by the generous donations of private, corporate and business sources. The organization operates with an all volunteer staff, allowing all donations to be utilized solely for operational expenses and furthering safety education. In 2015, a few of our education efforts included:
- Curating current and relevant information on freedive safety
- Website maintenance and uploading new educational content
- Construction updates to website to better serve the public
- Creation and distribution of new educational print materials
- Educational presence at industry shows/expos
In addition, our private donors helped us in continuing our strong educational push with our ever expanding website designed to house our growing collection of educational information, while giving us the social media ability to provide always on, 24/7 information that today’s audience relies upon.
In 2016, we are taking the next step in our growth strategy and accepting public donations which will go directly to our education and awareness programs. With public support, we hope to raise enough funding to launch our long-awaited, e-learning portal that will give kids, parents and all freedivers a place to learn and test their safety knowledge in a fun, interactive format right from a desktop or mobile device.
Here were our funding sources from 2015: